I often have to leave the house by 6am as I’m up early to teach my fitness classes so I find it difficult to make breakfast so early (but I am not one to skip a chance for food) so I try to find things I can eat on the go that are not high in sugar and give me all the nutrients and that boost of energy I would get from my ordinary breakfast. These porridge squares combine everything I love to eat in the mornings into a handy bar and it takes less that 20 mins to make and cook so enjoy!
What you need: (for 8 bars)
- 300g porridge oats
- 150ml coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinamon
- 2 tablespoons almond nut butter
- 150g fresh blueberries
- handlful chopped almonds
- drizzle date syrup
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking parchment or greese with a little coconut oil.
- Combine all of the ingredients apart from the almonds and date syrup in a bowl.
- Place the mixture into the baking tray and spread it out evenly to the corners.
- Sprinkle on a handful of chopped almonds and drizzle with a little date syrup.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins (it should still be fairly soft when you take it out)
- Leave to cool before cutting into 8 pieces and trying not to eat them all in one go!
I hope this can make your busy mormings a little less stressfull and a little more yummy!