These coconut and almond cookies are filled with little drops of date caramel, gooey, loveliness… The perfect healthy alternative to an indulgent sweet treat!
What you need: (makes 10 cookies)
- 150g ground almond
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 1 ripe bananas
- 1spoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons date or maple syrup
- 100g medjool dates
- 30g melted dark chocolate (at least 70%)
What you need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 °/ gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Mix together the ground almonds, desiccated coconut, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl.
- Mash the banana and combine with the melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and the maple or date syrup.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and then roll the mixture into small balls, before pressing slightly to flatten them onto the baking tray, making sure there is enough space in between each cookie as they will spread slightly.
- Place your thumb into the centre of each cookie so that you make a small indent about 2cm deep for the date syrup to be placed into.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cookies become slightly brown (note that they will still be fairly soft but they will become harder and more textured as they cool down)
- Whilst the cookies are in the oven make your date syrup by placing the medjool dates with 2 tablespoons of water in a food processor until they form a smooth paste and then add the meted chocolate, stirring the two ingredients together to from your chocolatey date caramel.
- Once the cookies are out of the oven, place them on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes and then spoon around a table spoon of caramel into the indent in each cookie.
- EAT THEM ALL TO YOURSELF (absolutely no sharing is acceptable)
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days…
On a serious note: These cookies are highly addictive and should be enjoyed responsibly!