These cookies combine my favourite flavours into moist, textured and delicious bites of happiness… so I had to share the recipe with you!! (the cup of tea is optional… although I would recommend chai with some coconut milk)
What you need: (makes 10 cookies)
- 150g ground almond
- 100g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons date or maple syrup
- 100g raisins
What you need to do:
Preheat your oven to 180 °/ gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Mix together the ground almonds, desiccated coconut, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl.
- Mash the bananas and combine with the melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple or date syrup and the raisins.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and then roll the mixture into small balls, before pressing slightly to flatten them onto the baking tray, making sure there is enough space in between each cookie as they will spread slightly.
- bake for 10-15 minutes until they become slightly brown (note that they will still be fairly soft but they will become harder and more textured as they cool down)
You can keep these in an airtight container in the fridge for around a week or you can freeze some and defrost for whenever you fancy a sweet snack.