“Coconut and nut butter brownies that taste SO good… no one will believe they are healthy!”
WHO doesn’t love the idea of being able to eat a guilt free brownie..? Well here I have come up with my own quick and easy recipe that will satisfy your sweet cravings in a refined sugar free – dairy free – gluten free form… the dream!
Servings: 12 – Preparation: 5 mins – Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 175g of Nut Butter ( I use Pip and Nut almond nut butter)
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 50g good quality dark chocolate
- 100g desiccated coconut
Preheat oven 180°C – gas mark 5
- Mix the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nut butter, coconut sugar, baking soda until smooth.
- Add the depicted coconut and stir evenly through the mixture.
- Break the chocolate into small (choc chip sized) pieces and mix them throughout.
- Line a 20cm baking tray with baking paper and pour the mixture into the tin. Bake for 25 minutes then leave to cool.
- Cut into 12 pieces and enjoy.
- These will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days (but they will probably last 1 minute if your family and friends are around!)
I hope you enjoy eating these as much as I do… whether it be for a guilt free sweet treat as an afternoon snack or to be served for pudding for your family and friends at a dinner party (they will never know they are healthy) they are full of only the good stuff so give these healthy brownies a try and share your creations with me via instagram @lottyloveskitchen