If you have never used sweet potato in baking before, then this recipie will change your mind as this makes for such gooey rich and sweet brownies you will have to invite all your frinds around or you might just eat all 10 at once!
What you need:
- 500g of sweet potatoes (around 2 medium)
- 15 medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 100g of ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 100g of oat flour (ground up porridge oats)
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- Cacao nibs to decorate
What you need to do:
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 180C (fan) or gas mark 7.
- Next peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into small chunks before placing into a pan of boiling water for about 20 minutes, until they become really soft.
- Once they are really soft and beginning to fall apart drain them from the water and place them along with the pitted dates into a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Put the remaining ingredients into a bowl, before mixing in the sweet potato date combination and stirring well.
- Place into a lined square baking tin and sprinkle your cacao nibs on top of the mixture.
- cook for about 45/50 minutes, until you can pierce the brownie with a fork and bring it out dry.
- Remove the tray and allow it to cool for about ten minutes – this is really important as it needs this time to stick together!
- Remove the brownies from the tray and leave to cool completely before cutting into squares…dig in and enjoy!
These are best stored in the fridge to keep them nice and gooey and will keep for 4-5 days!