This is one of my more complicated recipes due to the three layers but it’s worth it for a slightly more indulgent treat, Plus it looks great once you have the three defined sections so it’s worth the effort!
BE AWARE: You need to soak 100g whole almonds for 6-8 hours (best done over night) so that they are soft enough to make the filling. However if you can’t wait that long, you can use ground almonds instead but it won’t give such a smooth texture.
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the base:
- 100g pitted medjool dates
- 50g whole almonds
- 1tbspoon cacao powder
- 25g desiccated coconut
For the cheesecake filling:
- 100g soaked almonds (see above)
- 2tbspoons maple syrup
- 2 almond butter
- 2tbspoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tbspoons almond milk
For the topping:
- 10 pitted medjool dates blended in your food processor
- 2 tbspoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tbspoon cacao powder
- 2 tbspoons maple syrup
- Handful cacao nibs to decorate
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Start by soaking the 100g ground almonds for 6-8 hours (see description above)
- Next begin by lining your rectangular baking tray with some grease proof paper. As this is a RAW no bake recipe you need to take extra care here to make sure it won’t stick to the sides.
- Blend all of the ingredients for the base together in a food processor. It should end up slightly sticky but with some small chunks of almonds still present. Press this mixture down firmly into your tin.
- Rinse out your food processor and then place the cheesecake ingredients in and blend until really smooth. This should take around 5 minutes. Spoon on top of the base and spread evenly.
- Then to make the caramel, place the pitted dates into your food processor and blend into a smooth paste (you may need to add up to 1tbspoon of water to help this blend)
- Finally add the date mixture to the rest of the topping ingredients in a pan and melt together over a medium heat until it’s thick and glossy. Drizzle this onto the cheesecake layer.
- Place your tin in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
- Once set, carefull remove from the tip and then using a sharp knife, cut into 10 squares.