It is the gooey, melting middle of these cookies that makes them so perfect and irresistable!
What you need:
- 150g oats
- 50g ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 (very ripe) banana
- 60g pitted medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut butter (I love Pip&Nut)
What you need to do:
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees (fan) or gas mark 7 and line a flat baking tray with baking parchment.
- Then in a large mixing bowl, combine your oats, ground almonds, honey, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut milk and mash your banana, before stirring everything together. This is now your cookie mixture.
- Divide your mixture by rolling it into 10 small balls and then place these evenly on your baking tray.
- Next, in a blender, place your dates, cacao powder and nut butter and wizz together until a smooth, but fairly thick, chocolatety mixture is formed.
- Use your thumb to create a dent in each cookie ball and then with a spoon, carefully place a heaped teaspoon amount of the chocolate mixture into the hole before folding over the cookie dough so that the chocolate is then buried in the centre.
- Place the cookies in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown but still slightly soft.
- Leave to cool slightly, but these cookies are delicious still slightly warm so don’t wait too long to start eating!