What could be better than Millionaire shortbread? A crumbly shortbread bottom, with a gooey caramel middle, topped with chocolate… well how about a heathy raw version made with nourishing ingredients!
What you need:
FOR THE BASE:
- 150g ground almonds
- 100g oat flour (ground up oats)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 30g coconut oil (melted)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
FOR THE CARAMEL:
- 300g pitted medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
FOR THE CHOCOLATE TOP:
- 30g coconut butter (could use coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
What you need to do:
- Start by lining a rectangular baking tray with baking parchment.
- Mix all of your dry base ingredients together before combining with the vanilla, oil and maple syrup.
- Press this mixture into your tray (roughly 1.5cm thick) and place into the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile place all of your caramel ingredients into a blender and blend until nice and smooth and gooey.
- Place the caramel layer on top of your base and spread evenly, before placing back in the fridge.
- For the chocolate top, slowly melt your coconut butter cover a low heat in a small pan before adding the nut butter and syrup until completely smooth.
- Add the cacao powder and stir to form your silky chocolate mixture, before taking the pan off the heat.
- Place this on top of the caramel layer and smooth with a knife, before placing back in the fridge for at least 1 hour to completely set.
- Once set, carefull remove from the baking tray and then using a large, sharp knife, cut evenly into 12 squares and enjoy!!!
- You can store these in the fridge (so they stay nice and firm) for up to a 10 days… as they are raw they will stay fresh for longer!