The sharpness from the raspberries and the dark chocolate goes so well with the sweetness of the maple syrup and the coconut to create a delicious combination for these cookies.
WHAT YOU NEED: (MAKES 12 COOKIES)
- 100g ground almond
- 150g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 100g raspberries
- 25g dark chocolate
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Preheat your oven to 180 °/ GAS MARK 6 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Mix together the ground almonds, desiccated coconut and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine with the melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and then add the smashed raspberries and the broken up chocolate pieces.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, before pressing slightly to flatten them onto the baking tray, making sure there is enough space in between each cookie as they will spread slightly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until they become slightly brown (note that they will still be fairly soft but they will become harder and more textured as they cool down)
You can keep these in an airtight container in the fridge for around a week or you can freeze some and defrost for whenever you fancy a sweet snack.