In have been dreaming about new winter recipes and wanted to combine some of my favourite things, apples, salted caramel and crumble. These spiced apple crumble muffins are the most amazing treat that really satisfy your sweet tooth as a delicious snack with a warming mug of tea. They are also great hot out of the oven with a big spoonful of yoghurt as a yummy desert!
WHAT YOU NEED: (to make 12 muffins)
For The Muffin
- 200g Apple puree
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 150g out flour
- 4 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 25g melted Coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
For The Caramel:
- 100g Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 tablespoons Almond Milk
- 1 Table spoon Almond butter
For The Crumble:
- Oats to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place 12 muffin cases into your muffin tray with.
2. In a bowl, gently melt the coconut oil and then add this to the rest of the muffin ingredients and stir until it has fully combined.
3. Spoon some muffin mixture into the muffin tray, filling up half of each hole. Place this to the side whilst you make the caramel.
4. In a food processor, blitz the caramel ingredients until fully blended into a thick caramel.
5. Place a teaspoon of the date caramel on top of the half full muffin mixture then use the rest of the muffin mixture to cover the top.
6. Sprinkle each muffin with a few oats to make the crispy topping.
7. Place this in the oven to bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and firm.
8. Take out of the oven and leave to cool before sprinkling with a little more cinnamon and baking!
These are the best Christmas-y treat, I hope you enjoy! Lotty X