Nothing beats these gooey chocolate salted caramel brownie! I have tried lots of variations, with different flours , and nothing ever came close to a real “Bad Ass Brownie”… until these! They are perfectly chocolatey with the gooiest salted date caramel middle!
What you need:
For The Brownies
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 100g Buckwheat flour
- 4 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 4 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 200ml Almond Milk
- 30g raw chocolate chopped
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
For The Salted Caramel
- 250g Pitted Medjool Dates
- 50ml Almond Milk
- Generous Pinch Salt
What you need to do:
- Start by pre heating your oven to 180 ° C or gas mark 6 and line a small square baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a bowl and then leave to slightly cool.
- Then, in another bigger bowl, briefly mix together your ground almonds, buckwheat flour and cacao powder.
- Then add to this your melted coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, chopped chocolate and almond butter and give it a good mix.
- Next, you need to make your salted caramel. Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until it’s really smooth. You might need to stop it a few times and give it a stir, and it doesn’t matter too much if there are still a few small chunks.
- Pour your brownie mixture into the baking tray. Next add the salted caramel on top and swirl this in with your brownie mix to ripple the two mixtures together.
- Place your tray in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the tray and leave to cool completely before cutting into squares…dig in and enjoy!
These are amazing hot out of the oven but if you have some left over, they are best stored in the fridge to keep them nice and gooey and will keep for 3-4 days!