These healthy, homemade Chocolate Nut Butter Cups are so easy to make with just 4 ingredients! Perfect small bites of heaven for a pre or post workout treat, or to satisfy any sugar cravings! Refined sugar free – dairy free – gluten free – paleo – vegan.
What you need: (to make 9 cups)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 9 teaspoons nut butter (but you don’t have to be too strict measuring nut butter!)
What you need to do:
- In a small bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, coconut oil, and maple syrup until totally combined and it is smooth and creamy. Put your paper liners on a cookie sheet.
- Line a cupcake tin with 9 paper cases and then, using a teaspoon, drop 1 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture into the cups and smooth over until flat.
- Next, use a teaspoon to drop 1 teaspoon of your prefered nut butter (I LOVE Pip&Nut coconut and almond butter) on top of the chocolate.
- Finally, add an additional teaspoon of chocolate on top of the nut butter and spread until smooth! This is just one way to do it, so you can have fun at this stage – you can swirl the chocolate and nut butter together, you can have one layer of chocolate and one layer of nut butter, and you can even decorate with some cacao nibs or some desiccated coconut… be creative and make them look even more delicious!
- Place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to harder and then you can store them in the fridge. ENJOY!!!