Everyone loves a good old brownie, but have you ever tried a blondie? This sweet treat typically uses vanilla and brown sugar in place of the cocoa used in traditional brownies, hence the ‘blonde’ name. I find them to be even more sweet, fudgey, chocolatey, fruity and just generally amazing! The addition of chocolate and raspberries takes these to another level as the flavours just work so so well together, so I promise you won’t regret trying these out!
What you need:
- 150g ground almonds
- 100g rice flour (or oat flour)
- 50g desicated coconut
- 200ml almond milk
- 4 tbspoons maple syrup
- 2 tbspoons almond butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g raspberries
- 25g raw dark chocolate chunks
- Almond flakes to decorate
What to do:
- In a large bowl, mix together your ground almonds, rice flour and desicated coconut to make one flour.
- Add youreet ingreedients into a well in the middle of your flour, the almond milk, maple syrup, almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla to make one smooth cake batter.
- Finally, add your raspberries and chocolate chunks and mix roughly until the raspberries just start to break up.
- Spoon this mixture into a lined baking tray (I use a 20cm x 20xm tray) and sprinkle the top with your flaked almonds.
- Bake at 180C for around 30 minutes, until it starts to go golden on top and a fork comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes or so, then cut into squares and enjoy!