I’ve given my favourite banana bread recipe a coffee chocolate twist… perfect for a sunday afternoon treat with a cup of tea… delicious and nutritious of course!
GLUTEN FREE… DAIRY FREE…REFINED SUGAR FREE
What you need:
- 3 mashed bananas… the riper the better!
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 200g ground almonds
- 100g oat flour (just finely ground up porridge oats)
- 3 tablespoons coffee granules mixed with 3 tablespoons boiling water
- Sliced banana and cacao nibs to decorate
What you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 180 (fan) or gas mark 6 and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Start by mashing your bananas into a large mixing bowl.
- Then add to this, the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut milk and vanilla extract and stir everything together.
- Next beat the egg in a separate bowl and then add this to the mix and stir well.
- To this, add your dry ingredients; baking powder, cinnamon, cacao powder, ground almonds and oat flour (this can be made by placing porridge oats in a blender until a thin flour consistency is created).
- Finally mix together your coffee and water to make a paste and stir this into your mixture, before spooning into a lined loaf tin.
- Finally, place a line of sliced banana along the top and sprinkle with cacao nibs to decorate and place in the oven for 50-55 mins.
- Leave to cool and then slice to serve… PERFECTION!
Let me know your thoughts on this recipe, via instagram @lotty_loves_