These cinnamon and banana pancakes are a real winner, they are soft and fluffy just like traditional american pancakes, but with the lottyloves twist of being gluten, dairy and refined sugar-free! I LOVE the sweet/savory combination, so for a weekend treat I love serving these up with some scrambled egg, dry cured smoky bacon and a drizzle of maple syrup… but this is really up to you! I also love these with a dollop of yoghurt and some blueberries or even with some fig and goats cheese, so feel free to get creative! You can even eat these cold for a quick healthy breakfast snack on the go or for once you get to work!
What you need: Serves 6 (makes aprox 12 pancakes)
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 100g oat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200ml milk
- 2 egg
- 2 mashed bananas
What you need to do:
- Mix your two flours, the cinnamon and the baking powder together in a bowl – to make out flour, you can simply wizz up some porridge oats in a blender to make a flour like consistency.
- Add your milk and then beat the two eggs and mash the two bananas and add this to the flour mix, stirring all together to make your wet pancake mixture.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a non stick pan and then place a big tablespoon of mixture into the middle of the pan (or you can cook two at a time if yor pan i big enogh) cooking for aprox 2 mins on each side until the pancake is golden brown.
- Repeat this with the remaining mixture – you can keep the already cooked pancakes on a plate under the grill to keep them warm whilst the rest are cooking.
- Serve warm with your delicious choice of topppings and enjoy!