Hazelnuts contain flavonoids, which help support brain health and improve circulation. These delicious, healthy flapjacks are rich in vitamins and protein so they are perfect to give you a boost of energy pre or post workout or as a mid afternoon “pick me up” snack.
Refined Sugar Free – Dairy Free – Gluten Free – Vegan.
What you need:
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 75g melted coconut oil
- 175g rolled oats (can use gluten free oats)
- 60g chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablepsoons cacao nibs
What you need to do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °/gas mark 5 and line a 20x20cm baking tin with baking parchment.
- Combine all of the ingreedients in a bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Pour the mixtire into a tin and spread evenly, before placing in the oven and baking for 20/25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool, before cuting into 12-16 squres.
- You can store these for up to 4 days in an airtight container or store in the fridge for up to a week.